My name is Jennifer Eld, but I also go by Jen. I am a caring and compassionate person with a warm demeanor. My favourite pass times are reading, dog walks, and trips to the mountains with my family.
I was drawn to the helping profession since my adolescence. I decided to pursue social work due to the diversity of work available in the field, but mostly because I wanted to make a difference in the world. As I progressed through my education, I discovered therapy was my profession of choice. My post secondary journey was a long one and a lot of hard work, yet very gratifying as it has lead me to where I am at today.
My therapist roles have involved working with adults, teens and children in the context of individual, couples, family, and group counselling. I have helped clients to work toward overcoming eating disorders, body image struggles, self esteem, self injury, depression, anxiety, anger management, family/couples struggles, and more.
In my last place of employment I lead the Eating Disorder Program. This involved developing and managing the eating disorder groups and often co-facilitating these same groups. I also co-developed and co-facilitated eating disorder education to student therapists.
I am truly grateful to enjoy my job as much as I do. I look forward to meeting new people and supporting clients through their challenges, whatever they may be.
- Diploma in Social Work
- Bachelor of General Studies with a Minor in Architecture
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work (Clinical)
Relevant Professional Development
- Best Practices: CBT for Depression and Suicide
- Evidence-Based Treatment for Anxiety and Related Disorders
- Emotion Focussed Family Therapy in the Context of Eating Disorders
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy
- Treating Depression Strategically
- Eating Disorder Conference with the Centre for Change
- Explorations in Equine Facilitated Wellness
For more information on my experience, please feel free to browse my LinkedIn profile at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jennifer-eld/66/aa1/323